Friday, July 17, 2009

House by the Huon River

Ten days since the last post? Where does it go?

Today I have a sell contract on my rental property in Huonville, a 40 minute commute south of Hobart. I am sad to sell it, but it is a question of scrambling to try to put my finances back in some kind of order. Among other matters, I know I will not see more than a few cents in the dollar recovered from investment-lending I made to a person who petitioned for and was granted bankruptcy this month - owing in total 6.8 million dollars to many unfortunate people, such as me. He now lists his occupation as "consultant". As a bankrupt he cannot hold directorships for a period of three years. He appears able to manoeuvre round such hurdles quite adroitly.

Happier note. Our choir's tenor Don survived his 85th birthday skydive. The plane broke down and the event was called off.

No comments:

Post a Comment